Summer Speech–quick, fun, flexible!
The summer months are a welcome opportunity for fun and relaxation, however the break from school can cause children to lose skills, especially the speech and language skills they have gained during the year. This is referred to as summer learning loss. Often, this requires review and remediation in the fall. The New York Times explains the peril of summer learning loss and how you can prevent it. In an effort to lessen this effect, Tandem Speech Therapy is offering summer speech therapy sessions in the comfort of your home or at your child’s daycare. This is a flexible program designed to fit into your already busy schedule at an affordable cost.
Got a vacation? Swim lessons? No problem. You pick the days. If we’ve got an opening, then you’ve got a session! Or choose a weekly, standing appointment. Contact us at [email protected] to schedule your complimentary phone consultation. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity!
Summer Speech Therapy Details:
- A certified speech-language pathologist will work one-on-one with your child in the comfort of your home or at their daycare
- The sessions are 30 minutes long with up to 10 minutes of parent education following
- A homework program will be provided to facilitate more growth
- Schedule up to 10 sessions for your child between June 3 and August 30
- We will work with your child’s IEP goals to maintain and improve skills acquired during the school year
- Make a one-time, advanced payment of $700 for the 10 summer speech therapy sessions
- Unused sessions will not be refunded
- This does not include an evaluation–program designed for children with a current plan of care or IEP
What should you do when the summer is wrapping up?Do you have concerns, but your child does not receive speech therapy at school? Ongoing speech therapy is available which may require a comprehensive speech and language evaluation at an additional cost. Visit our Speech Therapy Services page to learn more about the process.
Start Playing With Purpose
Learn how to purposefully and intentionally interact with your child during play and help them increase opportunities for speech and language development with our Playing with Purpose book!